Bose is the pioneer in audio technology and hence preferred by a bunch of people for its quality, and efficiency, but, connecting the Bose soundbar to TV is a little trickier task.
If you are no of those people who are confused about connecting the Bose soundbar to the TV, then you have landed on the right blog post, as in this article, we have compiled different ways of connecting the Bose soundbar to TV.
So, you can enjoy studio-quality sound at your home.
How To Connect Bose Soundbar to TV – Methods
Lets discuss the three connectivity methods of the Bose soundbar to TV below.
Connecting the Bose Soundbar to TV Via HDMI
Using an HDMI cable with the soundbar is the most common, and efficient way of connecting the Bose soundbar to the TV.
There are various benefits of using an HDMI connection over the optical cable connection, as the HDMI connection is comparatively quicker, HDMI cables are easily available and you don’t need to buy a dedicated cable, and the best part here is that there are no quality issues whatsoever.
Here are the Steps for Connecting Bose Soundbar to TV Via HDMI:
- Firstly, you need to prepare your TV, and the soundbar by switching both the devices off, so that you do not get yourself electrified.
- Also, you need to get a high-quality HDMI cable, so there are no sound breakage or quality downgrade issues.
- After you are done with the preparation process, now you have to do the connection between your soundbar, and the TV.
- Take one end of the HDMI cable to plug it into the soundbar, and the other end of the cable to the TV, and you are good to go.
Connecting the Bose Soundbar to TV Via Optical Cable
The optical cable is a dedicated cable connection between a soundbar and a TV. It’s a legacy connection type, which works with a majority of the devices. It’s an audio-only connection, which supports multiple channels, and provides superior audio quality.
Despite the fact, it is not as commonly used as the HDMI cable, it’s one of the most sought-after cable systems in the market used for connecting a soundbar to the TV.
Here are the Steps for Connecting Bose Soundbar to TV Via Optical Cable:
- Just like the HDMI connection, firstly you have to prepare your soundbar and the TV for the optical cable connection between your soundbar.
- Turn off your soundbar, and the TV for minimizing the chances of any potential electric shock. Also, you need to get a digital optical cable for the connection.
- Ensure, you use a quality cable, otherwise, you can mess up the sound quality.
- Now, you have to do the connection between the soundbar, and the TV by putting one end of the optical cable to the soundbar, and the other end of the cable to the TV.
Turn on the TV, and now you should be able to hear the sound through the soundbar.
Connecting the Bose Soundbar to TV Via Bluetooth
The wired connection may be able to provide you with superior quality sound, but it comes with some drawbacks as well. When you are using a wired connection, you have to arrange cables and do the connections, which is a messy process. On top of that, you need to deal with the clutter of the cables, which takes away all the aesthetics.
If you have Bluetooth connectivity on your Bose soundbar, and your TV, then you can easily the Bluetooth connection for enjoying wireless sound connection between your soundbar and the TV.
Here are the Steps for Connecting Bose Soundbar to TV Via Bluetooth:
- Firstly, you need to enable the Bluetooth pairing mode on your soundbar. Turning on the Bluetooth pairing mode on the Bose soundbar is super-quick, and easy.
- If your soundbar comes with a remote, then you have to press the Bluetooth button on your soundbar for about three seconds, and you are good to go.
- Otherwise, you have to turn on the soundbar by using the pairing button on your soundbar. For this, you have to press the Source button on your soundbar for about 5 seconds.
- Now, you should see the “BT Pairing” written on your soundbar, which is an indicator that you have successfully done the pairing process.
- Finally, you have to pair your TV with the soundbar. For this, you have to go to the TV Setting>Wireless>Bluetooth. Now Start Scanning for devices, select your Bose soundbar, and you are good to go.
You can also visit our below guides on the bose soundbar:
- How to Turn On Bose Solo 5 without Remote?
- Best Settings For Bose Soundbar 700
- How to Reset Bose Soundbar 700, 500 and 300?
- How to Reset Bose Home Speaker 500?
- Best Settings for Bose Soundbar 500
- Bose Home Speaker 500 Alexa Not Working
- Bose Soundbar 700 Alexa Not Working
- How to Connect Bose Soundbar 700 to Alexa?
- How to Connect Bose Soundbar to WiFi?
- Bose Soundbar Not Working
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which Method is the Best for Connecting the Bose Soundbar to TV?
There is nothing like the best connection to the soundbar as it depends upon your preference. For the wired connection, we recommend the HDMI connection, as it has superior quality, and is easy to connect as well. You can also use the Bluetooth connection, but it comes with some drawbacks. Using the Bluetooth connection, you cannot get the audiophile-level quality, and moreover, you can also experience sound lags.
Should I Do the Wired or Wireless Connection for Connecting the Bose Soundbar to TV?
The wireless Bluetooth connection may be quick, and easier to manage, still, it comes with a major drawback, as the sound is not as immersive as the wired connection. Also, the sound is prone to lag and delay.
Connecting the Bose soundbar to TV can be a tricky task, especially, if you have not done it before. Thus, we have compiled this step-by-step guide, in which we have put together different methods of connecting the Bose soundbar to TV.
We have provided wired, as well as wireless methods for the connection. So, you can easily do the connection without any worries.