Bose is a pioneer of the home audio universe, it provides superior audio performance, which is obsessed by the audiophiles.
However, just like all the other soundbars, the Bose soundbar is prone to problems in which your Bose soundbar does not work.
Thus, we have compiled this step-by-step guide, in which we have put together solutions to all the problems faced by people having a Bose soundbar, so by following this guide, you can easily fix all of your Bose soundbar problems very easily.
That being said, let’s jump right into the details.
Bose Soundbar Not Working (Different Issues)
There can be different issues with your Bose soundbar. For instance, the soundbar is not turning on, the Bose soundbar is not connecting to the TV, or there is no Volume on your Bose soundbar.
It can be any of the above-given issues, which have forced you to look for a guide. Thus, we have below compiled different solutions for all of these problems. So, you can specifically look for your individual problem in the below-given list, and then eventually get your problem solved.
So, without any further time, let’s dig deep into the matter.
Bose Soundbar Not Turning On
The Bose soundbar not turning on is a very common issue that can come out of the blue. It can be a very frustrating situation in which your soundbar is not turning-on and you cannot do much about it.
If you are facing this issue on your Bose soundbar, then bear in mind that you are not alone. A bunch of people is facing this issue, in which their soundbar does not power on.
Luckily, there are some quick fixes, that you can do to get rid of the issue in which your soundbar does not turn on. That being said, let’s jump right into the details.
Here are the Steps for Fixing the Soundbar Not Turning On Issue:
- First of all, you need to ensure that your Bose soundbar is connected to a working power outlet. For this, you can connect any other appliance to the power plug, and check whether it’s working or not. Alternatively, you can also plug your soundbar into any other power port.
- Nextly, you need to also ensure that the power cord is not damaged. Have a clear look at the power cable, and look for signs of damage in the cable.
- A faulty Bose soundbar remote can also cause your soundbar not to turn on.
- To rule out the faulty remote, you can take your Bose soundbar remote in front of your mobile camera, and then press the buttons, if it shows red blinking lights, then the remote is working. Otherwise, you can use the Bose Music App.
- Lastly, you can try resetting the Bose soundbar, as sometimes there can be an issue with the soundbar which causes it not to turn on.
Bose Soundbar Not Turning On With Remote
People have a perception that it is very tricky to find out whether their soundbar is not working due to a faulty remote or any other issue. If your Bose soundbar is not turning on with the remote, there is a quick test that you can do to rule out the faulty remote.
Also, there is the Bose Music App available on the Google Play Store, as well as the Apple App Store that you can use to control your Bose soundbar without the need for the soundbar remote, which is absolutely amazing.
Here are the Steps for Turning on Your Bose Soundbar Without Remote:
- Firstly, you will have to ensure that the remote is the culprit which is not turning on the TV.
- For this, there is a very simple test, in which you open the camera on your mobile phone, and then expose the LED of the remote to the camera, and press buttons on the remote.
- If the remote is working, then you will see red flashes coming out of your remote. On the other hand, if it is not working, you will not notice anything.
- If you don’t see anything on your mobile phone, then the remote is faulty, and you can easily turn on and control your Bose soundbar by using the Bose Music App, which works on both Android and IOS devices.
Bose Soundbar No Volume
Another common issue on the Bose soundbars that you can face is the Bose soundbar no volume issue in which there is no sound coming off your soundbar.
Unlike the previous issue, in which your soundbar is not turning on, in this problem, the soundbar turns on but there is no sound coming off the soundbar, which can be quite a frustrating issue.
Here are the Steps for Fixing the Bose Soundbar No Volume Issue:
- First of all, you have to restart the Bose soundbar to rule out any issue caused by the hybernating of the soundbar.
- After restarting the soundbar, you need to check the connection between the soundbar, and the TV. Unplug the HDMI cable from the soundbar, and the TV, and then reinsert it properly.
- Alternatively, you can also change the cable from the HDMI cable to the digital optical cable for peace of mind.
- Also, check out the volume settings on your soundbar, as well as your TV, as sometimes people do not see it as a possible solution, and this simple problem is causing all the issues.
- Change the source settings on the soundbar by using the remote, and get it to the type of cable you are using. For example, if you have connected your soundbar to a TV using the HDMI, then get the preferred settings on your soundbar as a TV.
- Lastly, you can also check out the audio output settings on your TV as well. If you have not already changed the audio output settings on your TV, then go to the Settings>Sound>Output>HDMI.
Bose Soundbar 700, 500, and 300 Not Connecting to the TV
If you are unable to connect the Bose soundbar 700, 500, and 300 to the TV, don’t get worried, there are a handful of quick solutions that you can do to connect your Bose soundbar to the TV.
More specifically, the above-given Bose soundbar models have an issue in connecting to the TV. After deep research and testing, we have compiled all the steps that you can take to get rid of not connecting issues on these soundbars.
Here are the Steps to Fix the Bose Soundbar Not Connecting to TV Issue:
- Firstly, restart your Bose soundbar. You have to turn off your soundbar, unplug it, and then wait for at least 10 seconds before trying to turn on your soundbar back again.
- In the next step, you will have to change the connecting type between the soundbar, and the TV. For example, if you were previously using an HDMI connection, then we would recommend you to use the optical fiber connection instead now.
- Resetting the Bose soundbar can also solve the not connecting issues on the soundbar.
- Also, you can do the reset on the TV to get rid of the not connecting issue on the Bose soundbar.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why Is There No Volume on My Soundbar?
There can be different reasons for this issue, as it can be caused due to a faulty cable, a faulty port either on your soundbar or the TV, or any software glitch. In the above-given guide, we have provided you with the in-depth steps to get rid of this issue.
My Bose Soundbar Remote is Not Working, What to Do?
If your Bose soundbar remote is not working, then you can use the Bose Music application, which is available for Android as well as for IOS devices. By using the mobile application, you can perform all the tasks that can be performed by the remote only.
My Soundbar is Not Connecting to the TV, What to Do?
If your soundbar is working, and not connecting to the TV, then probably this issue is caused by the faulty cable, or any other software glitch between your soundbar, and the TV. By following the above-given guide, you can easily get rid of this issue, in which your Bose soundbar is not connecting to the TV.
Just like every other soundbar on the planet, there can be issues with your Bose soundbar due to which it does not work anymore.
Thus, we have compiled this step-by-step complete guide, in which we have put together all the possible solutions to get rid of the Bose soundbar, not working issues.
- How To Connect Bose Soundbar to TV?
- How to Turn On Bose Solo 5 without Remote?
- Best Settings For Bose Soundbar 700
- How to Reset Bose Soundbar 700, 500 and 300?
- How to Reset Bose Home Speaker 500?
- Best Settings for Bose Soundbar 500
- Bose Home Speaker 500 Alexa Not Working
- Bose Soundbar 700 Alexa Not Working
- How to Connect Bose Soundbar 700 to Alexa?
- How to Connect Bose Soundbar to WiFi?
Mia Evelyn is a soundbar specialist and she love to test and review different soundbar brands. She shares her neutral and in-depth reviews through the Soundbar Mag.
2 thoughts on “Bose Soundbar Not Working Issues & Solutions [UPDATED]”
Excuse me, but did you say: “nextly?”
Yeah its our Soundbar Analyst nature and we failed to change her this nature. Are you satisfied with her research and solutions on the issue?