If you want to enjoy the best gaming experience, then you need to get the best of both worlds, by having a great visual, as well as audio.
Using your soundbar with the PS4 can enhance your gameplay experience with rich audio. However, connecting the PS4 to the soundbar is a little tricky, and requires technical knowledge.
Thus, we have compiled this complete step-by-step guide, in which we will show you to complete steps for connecting a PS4 to the soundbar.
That being said, let’s jump right into the details.
How to Connect PS4 to Soundbar (Direct Method)
By using the direct method, you can connect your soundbar directly to the PS4 by either using the AUX connectivity or the optical cable.
Although, this method is a little inconvenient, as compared to the other method in which you directly connect the soundbar with the PS4, however, it’s one of the TV methods that you can use for connecting the soundbar to the PS4.
Here are the Connecting the PS4 to the Soundbar Directly:
- Firstly, you need to turn off both of your devices.
- You can use either the AUX cable or the digital optical cable for this method.
- Connect one end of the AUX/optical digital cable into the soundbar, and the other end of the cable into the PS4.
- Turn on the soundbar, and the PS4, and now you should be able to hear the PS4 sound through the soundbar.
You can also visit our detailed review on the best soundbar for PS4 and PS5.
Connecting the PS4 to the Soundbar (Using TV)
Connecting the PS4 to the soundbar using the TV is the best bet (as the PS4 slim does not come with an optical port). Moreover, you do not need to unplug the soundbar from the TV, and then reconnect it with the PS4.
Thus, we highly recommend this method over the prior. However, there are no added benefits involved with this method in the sound quality, as both of the methods produce exactly the same quality of sound.
Here are the Steps for Connecting the PS4 to Soundbar Using the TV:
- First, and foremost, you need to unplug your soundbar, TV, and PS4 from the power socket.
- You will need to have two different HDMI cables for this method.
- Plug one HDMI cable from the PS4 to the TV, and then plug the other HDMI cable from the TV to the soundbar.
- One thing you will have to bear in mind is that you will have to plug the soundbar cable into the “HDMI ARC Output” port. Otherwise, you won’t be able to hear sound through the soundbar.
- Finally, you have to select the output source from the PS4, and you are good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Directly Connect the PS4 with the Soundbar?
Yes, the PS4 comes with optical, and AUX ports, which allows you to directly connect the soundbar with the PS4. Above, we have compiled a complete guide that you can follow for connecting the PS4 to the soundbar directly.
Can I Connect the Soundbar Directly to the PS4 Slim?
Yes, you can connect the soundbar to the PS4 slim directly by using the AUX port, however, we do not recommend it, as the quality of the audio will be analog.
Can We Connect Soundbar to PS4 Via Bluetooth?
No, you cannot connect the PS4 to the soundbar using the Bluetooth connection.
If you are one of those people who have no clue how to connect the PS4 to the soundbar, then we have catered this guide specifically for you, in which we have put together two different methods for connecting the PS4 to the soundbar either directly, or by using the TV as a middleman.
By using this detailed guide, you can easily connect your PS4 with the soundbar. However, if you are still facing any issue in connecting the soundbar to PS4, then ask us in the comments section below, and we would love to help you out.