The xfinity remote can be used to control a soundbar just by following up a certain set of steps. These steps are very simple and at the same time are useful as they might help us to control the volume of the soundbar when we a just sitting back in a sofa-chair and enjoying the music there. Various other tasks like turning on the Bluetooth option of the soundbar or turning it off can also be performed by connecting the Xfinity remote to the soundbar.
This article talks about the steps to connect the x-finity remote to a soundbar-
How to Program Xfinity Remote to Soundbar? – Steps
- Take on the soundbar and turn it on. See that the white light has been turned on and the soundbar is charged. Then see to it that the soundbar is being made the Default Output Receiver by moving on to its settings option.
- Then take over the xfinity remote and look for the ‘Setup’ button in it. Once you locate it Press it.
- Now, watch for the LED light on the soundbar to turn from white light to green light.
- Then once the light is turned green you may find a small dialog box appearing on the screen.
- Enter up the Soundbar’s Manufacturing Code in it. Then, click ok.
- Then look for the LED light again. This time it twinkles twice with the color being green only.
- Now, for optimization check on the remote and perform any function using it on the soundbar. If the connections are good you may see the changes in your soundbar otherwise some steps might not be implemented properly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you control volume with an optical cable?
No, you can’t control volume with an optical cable in a soundbar because optical is uni-directional and only transmits audio signals from the soundbar to an externally connected device. It cannot be used up to control the volume. That can only be done with the help of a remote or by using the soundbar’s buttons also.
Is it OK to leave a soundbar on all the time?
No, this is not a good practice. It is so because leaving your soundbar on all the time can cause internal damage to it. This might cause heat generation inside the soundbar and this may overheat it. This indeed might lead to a short circuit or a serious fire also. Further, this might cause power loss and heat energy generation also.
- How to Program Dish Remote to Soundbar? [Steps]
- How to Turn On Bose Solo 5 without Remote – Alternative Ways
- How to Fix Samsung Soundbar Remote Not Working Issue?
- 3 Samsung Soundbar Replacement Remote Options [GUIDE]
- VIZIO Soundbar Remote Not Working Issue [Fixes]
- How to Control Soundbar with TV Remote [Step-by-Step]
- How to Program DirecTV Remote to Vizio Sound Bar? [Detailed-Guide]
- Vizio Sound Bar Remote Display Not Working [Guide]
- How to Control Soundbar with Roku Remote? [Updated]
- How to Pair XR15 Remote to Soundbar? [Detailed-Guide]
By following certain steps you may connect your Xfinity remote to your soundbar and then use it from a certain distance or so. The infrared line of sight of the remote should coincide with the receiver’s end of the soundbar.
Also, if the soundbar is connected to a Bluetooth network make sure that the network is secure and uninterrupted. Look for a quieter place where there are no disturbances around so that the sound from the soundbar is listened out properly and without any fluctuations
Read also: Best Settings for Samsung Sound bar
Mia Evelyn is a soundbar specialist and she love to test and review different soundbar brands. She shares her neutral and in-depth reviews through the Soundbar Mag.