Connecting the Polk soundbar to WIFI allows you to enjoy seamless music from every corner of the room, and the best part here is that you can connect multiple devices with the soundbar using the WIFI connection.
However, recently we noticed that a lot of Polk Command Bar was having issues in connecting the soundbar to WIFI.
Therefore, we have compiled this guide, in which we have put together all the steps that you need to follow for Polk Command Bar not connecting to the WIFI solution.
That being said, let’s jump right into the matter.
Polk Command Bar Not Connecting to WIFI – Fixes
There is a known fault with all the Polk Command Bar in which the soundbar is unable to connect to the WIFI. If you have wadded through the internet, then you must have got a feeling that you are not alone, it’s a pretty common issue.
Luckily, there are some quick fixes available, that you can use for fixing the Polk command bar not connecting to the network issue.
Check out the below-given procedures one by one by one, and see which of the following method resolves the issue for you.
1. Rebooting the Polk Command Bar
Rebooting is the easiest and most common fix that can be used to resolve the Polk command bar not connecting issue. You simply have to turn off your Polk command bar, and then switch it on the back again.
Here are the Steps for Rebooting the Polk Command Bar:
- Firstly, turn off your soundbar by using the power button on the soundbar, and unplug it from the power socket.
- Now, wait for at least 10s, and then turn your command bar back again.
If this method resolves the issue for you, then you can quit the process, otherwise, move on to the next method.
2. Checking the WIFI Signal
Poor connection between the Polk soundbar, and the router can also cause the WIFI not connecting issue. Also, weak signals can cause a WIFI disconnecting issue on the Polk soundbar.
Therefore, you should bring the soundbar closer to the WIFI router, and check whether this resolves this issue for you. If bringing the soundbar closer to the router has resolved the issue, then congrats, otherwise, move on to the next step.
3. Switching Band on Router
The Polk Command bar does not support the 5Ghz band, and if you have a router that comes with 2Ghz, and 5Ghz settings, there are chances that your dual-band router is causing trouble in this connection.
By Following the Below Mentioned-Steps, You can Switch the Band and Resolve the Issue:
- Firstly, go to the router settings, turn off the 5Ghz band, and then restart it.
- Now, switch off your soundbar, and turn it back again after waiting for about 10 seconds.
If your soundbar automatically gets connected to the WIFI, then congrats you have resolved the issue, if the issue is not resolved, then you can move on to the next step.
4. Factory Resetting the Polk Command Bar
The last resort that you can use for fixing the WIFI connection issue on your Polk soundbar is to factory reset it. Factory resetting is one of the most common fixes among a vast majority of electronics, and to surprise, it wildly resolves the issues.
In factory resetting, all the settings are reverted to the factory settings, and the software glitches are also resolved, which causes such issues.
Below are the Steps for Factory Resetting the Polk Command Bar:
- Turn off your soundbar, and unplug it.
- Wait for at least, 10 seconds before turning the soundbar back again.
- Now, when the soundbar is back again, press the “Volume Mute”, and the “Volume Down” button altogether for about 10-15 seconds, and release the buttons when the lights blink.
Now, your soundbar should be reset to the factory settings, and your issue should be resolved as well.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Why is My Polk Command Bar Not Connecting to the WIFI?
There can be a variety of reasons for this issue. Mostly, this issue is caused by poor WIFI signals, band issues, and software glitches. Above, we have provided an in-depth guide, which you can use to eliminate this issue.
Can Resetting Solve the Polk Command Bar Not Connecting to WIFI Issue?
Yes, resetting the Polk soundbar can resolve this issue, as mostly this issue is caused due to software glitches, and resetting the software to factor settings can get you rid of this problem.
Why Does my Polk Command Bar Keep Disconnecting from WIFI?
Usually, this issue is caused due to poor WIFI signals, which ultimately causes the disconnection in the WIFI signals. Bring the Command Bar closer to the WIFI router and see whether it resolves the issue for you or not.
- Polk Command Bar Alexa Not Working [Reasons & Fixes]
- Polk Omni SB1 VS Magnifi Soundbar: Which one is Better?
- How to Connect Polk Soundbar to Alexa? [Detailed-Guide]
- How to Connect Polk Soundbar to WIFI? [Step-by-Step]
- Why Polk Signa S2 Subwoofer Not Working? Fixes
- Polk Sound Bar Keeps Turning Off [Reasons & Fixes]
- Polk Signa S2 Troubleshooting & its Solutions
- 4 Ways to Connect Polk Soundbar to TV [Step-by-Step]
- How to Reset Polk Soundbar [Step-by-Step]