How to connect Vizio Soundbar to Samsung tv? So you’ve got a Samsung TV and a Vizio soundbar that you want to connect together. However, it’s not as easy as it sounds, because there are many problems that you may face during the process.
We’ve done a lot of work with soundbars and connected tons of them to different TV models, but connecting the Vizio soundbar to the Samsung TV was harder than all of them for certain reasons.
Consequently, we may make your work easier. We have created this comprehensive guide. We’ll tell you 4 best methods step-by-step to connect the Vizio soundbar to any of your Samsung TVs.
However, to learn everything in a good way, please be sure to go through this piece of writing till the end so you can learn everything in a good way.
How to Connect VIZIO Soundbar to Samsung TV?
Thankfully, there are indeed a variety of ways to connect a Vizio soundbar to a Samsung TV. Some techniques are more effective than others, depending on the model of your soundbar and TV. Although some people have experienced problems with these goods, many people have had success using the following techniques:
To begin with, think about connecting your Vizio soundbar to your Samsung TV using HDMI ARC. It’s perfect because you can manage the soundbar with the remote for your TV. These two don’t always line up properly, though.
If using USB cables to connect your Vizio soundbar to your Samsung TV doesn’t work well for you, try using optical cables. With this cable, the audio quality ought to be equivalent to that of HDMI ARC.
Regrettably, you will have to use the soundbar’s remote to accomplish this. You might also consider purchasing a special universal remote that works with both devices as an alternative. It is not advisable to use Bluetooth to connect your soundbar to your TV even though it is an option. Why?
Because the connection is unstable and the sound quality diminishes. RCA cables also function but have the same drawbacks. Some more recent TVs don’t have the ports for these RCA cords, and the sound quality is very poor.
Connecting Vizio Soundbar to Samsung TV With HDMI ARC
Connecting Vizio soundbar to Samsung TV with HDMI ARC is the most efficient method of connection (Audio Return Channel). That’s because it provides the same sound quality as an optical connection and lets you control both devices with the same remote that you use for your TV.
- Check to see if your Samsung TV supports HDMI ARC. The majority of more recent Samsung TVs support HDMI ARC, although older TVs might not be able to. To see if your TV supports HDMI Arc or not, look at all the ports of your TV and see if there is an HDMI Arc port. If yes, then your TV supports it. If not, then it doesn’t.
- Find an HDMI cable that is long enough to connect the Vizio soundbar to your Samsung TV once you are certain that your Samsung TV supports HDMI ARC. Since HDMI ARC is a characteristic of the port rather than the cable, all HDMI cables will function with it.
- You can attach the other end of your HDMI cable to the port on the back of your Samsung TV.
- The HDMI connector on the back of your Vizio soundbar should receive the HDMI cable’s other end. Inspect the cord to make sure it is long enough to have some slack and that neither port is being pulled.
- Press your Vizio soundbar’s Power Button.
- Then, click on the Power of the tv.
- After both devices are fully operational, you must adjust the input settings on each. First, switch your Samsung TV’s audio output to HDMI. You can do this under the audio settings menu on your TV.
- On the rear of your Vizio soundbar, click “Input.” Choose “HDMI” from the list of available inputs.
- Try turning on the TV’s sound. It’s excellent if you can hear the sound coming from your Vizio soundbar. The next step can be skipped.
- Change your Samsung TV’s settings to a more complex one if you can’t hear any sound. To achieve this, select “Sound Settings” from the TV’s settings menu. “\Select “Expert Settings” from here. The HDMI/Digital Audio Output parameters can now be modified. To begin sending sound to the soundbar, they should read “PCM.”
Connecting VIZIO Soundbar to Samsung TV via Bluetooth
Bluetooth is an easy way to connect your soundbar, although it is less dependable than HDMI ARC or Optical. However, here’s how to use this option if you want to.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the control panel while your Vizio soundbar is powered on and plugged in. If your remote has an option, you can also select it.
- Make sure your TV is turned on as well. Navigate to your TV’s Bluetooth menu. You should have Bluetooth turned on and look for gadgets.
- You should be able to find the Vizio Soundbar listed in the Bluetooth pairing menu on your Samsung TV. Most likely, it will be listed with the model number. Your gadgets need to be connected as soon as you select them.
Connecting VIZIO Soundbar to Samsung TV via RCA Cable
These instructions should enable you to connect your Vizio soundbar to your Samsung TV. Albeit not the best course of action, it will work in a pinch.
- A red-and-white audio wire is required. Additionally, check sure your Vizio soundbar and Samsung TV have RCA connectors, which are shown as red and white holes with the caption “Audio Out.”
- Connect both devices’ white ports with the white wire. The red wire should then be inserted into the red port on each device.
- Then, from the remote’s input menu, choose “AUX” to turn on your soundbar.
- Push the “menu” button on your soundbar remote to open a new menu on your TV. This is the menu for the soundbar.
- Choose the audio option from the menu. After that, turn off the TV speakers.
- If you want to independently regulate the volume of the soundbar, move down the menu and switch the Analog Audio Out setting to “Fixed.” If you want to alter the soundbar volume in addition to the TV volume, choose “Variable” instead.
Connecting Vizio Soundbar To Samsung TV via Optical Cable
Sound quality over optical cable is lossless. Due to the need for separate remotes for each device, it isn’t the ideal solution for linking your Vizio soundbar to Samsung TV. However, it is the second-best alternative.
- The first thing you’ll need is an optical cable long enough to span the distance between your TV and speaker. Finding the port on the back of your Samsung TV should be simple because the majority of modern TVs include an optical port.
- The prongs at the ends of the optical cables should have their plastic covers removed. Carefully remove them, being careful not to snap the tiny prongs.
- The correct port on the back of the Samsung TV should receive the optical cable’s one end.
- Put the optical cable’s other end into the correct port on your Vizio soundbar.
- You should now turn on both your soundbar and your television.
- It’s time to modify the connection settings once both devices have been powered on. By selecting the “input” button on the soundbar remote, select “Optical.”
- From your soundbar’s audio menu, disable the TV speakers.
- To use Bitstream or Dolby Digital, respectively, change the Digital Audio Out settings.
- After attempting to play something, if the sound is audible from your Vizio soundbar, you are set to go! If not, see Step 10 instead.
- You must adjust another Samsung TV option if the soundbar isn’t producing any sound. To access expert settings for sound, go to TV settings > TV settings > sound. From this point on, select “PCM” for the HDMI/Digital Audio Output Settings. This should resolve the problem.
So, you see how easy it is to connect your Vizio soundbar to your Samsung TV. Even though all of the methods can get your job done, we don’t recommend connecting your soundbar to your TV via Bluetooth. You better give a shot to the other 3 methods, and if none works out, then you can try the Bluetooth method as well. Although we’re sure that these methods will work for you,
Now you know how to connect Vizio soundbar to your Samsung tv, if you have any queries, please let us know in the comment section.