Here in this article we will discuss How to Connect Onn Soundbar to TV all methods.
Since the TVs have become super-slim now, and the native TV speakers are tiny, people use soundbars with the TVs to get the proper audio feedback.
Different soundbars have different connection methods, and if you own an Onn soundbar, and you are looking for ways to connect Onn soundbar to TV, then you have landed on the right blog post.
In this article, we have compiled a complete step-by-step guide about different connectivity methods that you can use for the Onn Soundbar.
That being said, let’s jump right into the details, and check out the process.
4 Ways for Connecting the Onn Soundbar to TV
Luckily, there are various ways of connecting the Onn Soundbar to TV. It comes with HDMI, Digital cable, AUX cable, and Bluetooth connectivity. That means, you can connect the soundbar to TV either wired or wirelessly, which is absolutely amazing.
Below, we have compiled all the methods with the exact steps that you need for connecting the Onn Soundbar to TV.
1. Connecting Onn Soundbar to TV Using HDMI
HDMI is the easiest and most efficient way of connecting a soundbar to a TV. Not only it is an easier method of connecting, but also it’s super-fast, and there is no breakage in the audio quality as well, which is absolutely fantastic. The best part here is that the Onn Soundbar comes with an HDMI ARC cable, so you do not need to buy a new one.
Here are the Steps for Connecting the Onn Soundbar to TV Using HDMI:
- First of all, get the HDMI cable sorted, if there are covers on the face of the HDMI remove them.
- Power-off, unplug both the TV, and the Soundbar, and then plug one end of the HDMI cable to the soundbar and the other end of the HDMI cable to the TV.
- Now switch on the TV, and go to the settings. Afterward, go to the sound settings, and select the HDMI output as the audio output source.
- Finally, you should be able to hear the sound from your Onn soundbar.
2. Connecting Onn Soundbar to TV Using Digital Optical Cable
Digital cable is also known as digital optical is another popular method of connecting the soundbar to TV. The method of digital optical connection is more or less the same as the HDMI connection.
Here are the Steps for Connecting the Onn Soundbar to TV Using the Digital Optical:
- Turn off both of your devices, and connect one end of the digital optical cable to the soundbar and the other end of the cable to the TV.
- Go to the TV audio settings, and select the digital optical connection from the list, and now you should get your sound from the soundbar via the optical connection.
3. Connecting Onn Soundbar to TV Using AUX Cable
Connecting the soundbar to the TV using the AUX (3.5mm) cable is although an old school method, and not widely used nowadays, and also can cause a downgrade in the audio quality, still, it is one of the most reliable, as well as fast ways of connecting the soundbar to TV.
Here are the Steps for Connecting the Onn Soundbar to TV Using the AUX Cable:
- Firstly, you need to get a 3.5mm AUX cable, as the soundbar does not come included with an AUX cable.
- Plug one end of the cable to the soundbar, and the other end to the TV (you do not need to necessarily turn off the TV).
- If there is no sound coming from your soundbar, then go to the sound settings, and select the input to the AUX.
4. Connecting Onn Soundbar to TV Using Bluetooth Connectivity
The majority of the people do not like the clutter of wires spread everywhere in the rooms, thus they prefer a wireless connection over a wired one, and luckily, the Onn soundbar comes with Bluetooth connectivity, which you can use for connecting the Onn soundbar to TV wirelessly. Connecting the soundbar to the TV using Bluetooth is fast, reliable, and secure.
Here are the Steps for Connecting the Onn Soundbar to TV Using Bluetooth:
- Turn on both the TV and the soundbar. Now, using the remote on your soundbar, turn on the Bluetooth connectivity,
- Afterward, go to the TV Bluetooth settings, and start scanning.
- You should now see your soundbar in the available device list. Simply select the Onn soundbar from your available list, and now it should connect to the soundbar.
- When the soundbar gets connected to the TV using Bluetooth, all the lights on the monitor stop blinking.
- Check the sound on your TV.
- If the sound is still coming from the wired speakers, then you have to go to the audio settings and select Bluetooth connectivity instead of the wired one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Best Way to Connect the Onn Soundbar to TV?
Well, there is no best way of connecting the Onn soundbar to the TV. If you prefer wireless connectivity, then obviously you would have to use Bluetooth, and for the wired connection, we prefer the HDMI cable over everything else.
Can We Connect the Onn Soundbar to TV Wirelessly?
Yes, you can connect the Onn soundbar to the TV wirelessly, as it comes with Bluetooth connectivity. In fact, we have provided a complete step-by-step method above for connecting the Onn soundbar to the TV using the Bluetooth connection.
Why is My Onn Soundbar Not Working on Bluetooth Mode?
Well, firstly you need to check if the sound is muted or not. If the sound is not muted, then you have to go to the audio settings, and then check the sound mode, if the sound mode is selected to wired, then you would have to use the wireless connection.
Does the AUX downgrade the Sound Quality?
Yes, using the AUX connection can downgrade the audio quality. So, if you are skeptical about the audio quality, then you can use the HDMI connection instead, as, in an HDMI connection, there are no quality issues.
There are various ways of connecting the Onn soundbar to a TV, as it comes with HDMI, Digital Cable, AUX, and Bluetooth connectivity options.
In the above-given guide, we have thoroughly provided you with all the steps you need for a connection for either of these connectivity types. So, you can connect the Onn soundbar to the TV without any issues.