Sony is one of the leading soundbar brands. You will see the Sony soundbars here and there, every now, and then.
Although connecting the Sony soundbar to TV is a fairly simple activity, and there are multiple ways of connecting the Sony soundbar to TV, still, a lot of people have trouble connecting the Sony soundbar to TV.
Thus, we have compiled this step-by-step guide, in which we have put together all the different methods for connecting the Sony soundbar to the TV.
That being said, let’s jump right into the details, and check out the procedure.
How to Connect Sony Soundbar to TV – Methods
Lets discuss the methods of connectivity in details.
Connect Sony Soundbar to TV Via HDMI
The HDMI ARC connection is no doubt the best way to connect a soundbar to a TV, and SONY soundbars are no exception. HDMI cables are readily available in all households, and by using the HDMI cables you can enjoy sound through the soundbar instead of the native TV speakers.
Additionally, the HDMI cable is super easy to connect, and also maintains exceptional sound quality. Thus, you will notice, it is one of the most used cable connections. Enough bragging about the HDMI cables, now let’s jump right into the details, and check out the process.
Here are the Steps for Connecting the Sony Soundbar to TV via HDMI:
- Firstly, you will need to get an HDMI cable, ensure you get a quality HDMI cable, so there are no sound lag, or delay issues, as using a cheap quality cable can adversely affect your sound experience.
- Now, you have to locate the HDMI port on your soundbar as well as your TV.
- Afterward, switch off your TV, as well as a soundbar.
- Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the soundbar, and the other end of the HDMI cable into the TV.
- Change the source settings using the remote, and you are good to go.
Connect Sony Soundbar to TV Via Optical Cable
Digital optical cable is another popular connection way, that you can use for connecting the Sony soundbar to TV. Although you will not see the wild usage of this cable type, still, it is the best alternative to an HDMI cable.
The main benefits of using an RCA cable include quality retention. There are no quality issues with this cable, and amazingly, it also supports a multi-channel setup, which is absolutely amazing.
Here are the Steps for Connecting the Sony Soundbar to TV Using the Optical Cable:
- Firstly, you will need to buy an optical fiber cable. These cables come in different qualities. It is always advisable to get a quality cable to avoid any sound issues.
- Locate the optical digital port on your soundbar, as well as your TV.
- Now, switch off both of your devices.
- Plug one end of the digital optical cable into the soundbar, and the other end of the digital optical cable into the TV.
- Finally, change the source settings using the soundbar remote, and you are good to go.
- If your soundbar does not come with a remote, then you can use the buttons on your soundbar to change the source.
Connect Sony Soundbar to TV Via Bluetooth
If you are not a fan of wired connections, then connecting the Sony soundbar to a TV using a Bluetooth connection can be your best bet, as it is very easy to pair the soundbar to a TV using the Bluetooth connection. Also, there is no cluttering of cables, which makes Bluetooth one of the most popular ways of connecting a soundbar to a TV.
However, you need to be beware of the distance, as the Bluetooth connection becomes weak after a certain distance.
Here are the Steps for Connecting the Sony Soundbar to TV Via Bluetooth:
- First of all, you need to get the Sony soundbar in the pairing mode. If your soundbar has a remote, then you can use this remote for switching the TV source, otherwise, you can also use the buttons on the Sony soundbar to change the audio source.
- Finally, you have to go in the TV settings using the TV remote, and finally, select the Bluetooth setting under the Wireless Settings.
- Scan for new devices and pair your soundbar with the available list.
You can also visit our detailed review on the Sony TV Soundbars.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Best Way to Connect the Sony Soundbar to TV?
If you are trying to connect your Sony soundbar to TV using a wired connection, then we recommend the HDMI cable connection, otherwise, we highly endorse the Bluetooth connection, as in the Bluetooth connections there is no cluttering of cables, and also, you can easily pair, and unpair your soundbar with the touch of a button.
Is RCA a Digital Audio Format?
No, the RCA is not a digital audio format, instead, it’s an analog format, and carries the signal in the analog form.
Can We Connect Sony Soundbar to TV Through Bluetooth?
Yes, you can connect the Sony soundbar to the TV through Bluetooth, as all the latest sony soundbars come with Bluetooth connectivity.
Connecting the Sony soundbar to TV is a fairly simple task, still, we get asked every day about different connectivity methods.
Thus, we have compiled this step-by-step guide, in which we have put together different connectivity methods that you can use for connecting your Sony soundbar to a TV.