Bose 700 soundbar vs 900: Which is better? Soundbars are becoming an increasingly popular component of home and professional speaker systems. One of the world’s leading manufacturers of such systems is Bose. Bose soundbars can bring the atmosphere and sound of a concert hall or cinema into your home, with a deeper sound than traditional TV speakers.
But as the soundbar market grows, choosing the right one can be challenging when some options seem similar. This article aims to take a closer look at the Bose smart soundbars 700 and 900 and see how they differ from each other, even though they may seem similar at first glance.
Bose smart soundbar 700: overview
The Bose Soundbar 700 is a soundbar equipped with intelligent voice control and a range of additional features. This 3.0-channel soundbar reproduces high-quality cinema sound and can be expanded into a complete cinema system using rear speakers and a subwoofer.
Soundbar 700 advantages
- immersive surround sound and deep bass allowing for easy access to your entertainment through the Bose Music app.
- integrated voice assistants, such as Alexa and Google Assistant, provide outstanding voice recognition capabilities.
- Voice4Video technology enhances Alexa’s capabilities, enabling you to effortlessly manage channels, volume, and playback on your soundbar, TV, and cable or satellite TV with a single vocal prompt.
- perfect acoustics to play music through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth connection, and Apple AirPlay 2 or Spotify Connect.
- remote control that can be used to control devices across multiple rooms connected to the soundbar via an optical cable (included) or an HDMI connection cable (sold separately).
- ADAPTiQ audio calibration system that adapts the sound of your speaker system to the specific characteristics of your room after making five audio measurements.
- expandable with an optional subwoofer and surround satellite connection.
- supported audio formats: Dolby Digital, DTS.
Bose smart soundbar 900: overview
- The Bose Smart Soundbar 900 with Speakers and Bass Module is a smart soundbar setup that unites a range of audio components in a solitary streamlined structure, making it an adaptable resolution for domestic home theater systems with 3D Dolby Atmos sound.
- The design includes an HDMI connector, optical input, wireless multi-room, AirPlay 2, Alexa and Google Assistant support, and standard Bluetooth.
- The user can operate the soundbar through the touch buttons on the device and the accompanying remote control.
- In addition, the soundbar can be connected to the Bose Music app. The new soundbar is designed to function as a standalone device, as well as in conjunction with Bose smart speakers and subwoofers (recommended models include Bass Module 700 and Surround Speakers 700).
Soundbar 900 advantages
- a premium soundbar with voice control. The presence of two dipole smart speakers. Combined with Bose technology, these Bose smart speakers deliver great sound that seems to cover the entire room, even from above.
- wireless Bluetooth soundbar provides an additional dimension of depth to your audio. The exclusive TrueSpace spatial processing dissects and uplifts sound to create an immersive sound experience in Dolby, stereo, and beyond.
- in-built Alexa and Google – the noise-rejecting microphones are designed to capture your commands from any direction, even when the music is blaring. If you require privacy, use the mic-off button to disable the microphones.
- Bose Voice4Video technology enhances your voice capabilities beyond comparison to any other smart soundbar. In addition to regulating your Dolby Atmos soundbar, you can command your television, cable, and other devices solely with your voice.
- ADAPTiQ audio calibration system tailors the sound to your surroundings.
- better surround sound experience.
- expandable with Bose smart speakers.
- multiple connectivity options.
Bose Smart Soundbar 700 vs Bose Smart Soundbar 900: features differences
Now, having considered each soundbar separately, let’s understand what are the essential differences between them.
When it comes to design, both the Bose Smart Soundbar 700 and Bose Smart Soundbar 900 are sleek and modern, making them a great fit for any interior to get an immersive sound experience. However, there are some key differences between the two models that are worth noting. Firstly, in terms of size, the Bose Smart Soundbar 700 is more compact than the Bose Smart Soundbar 900.
This means that if you have limited space, the Bose Smart Soundbar 700 may be a better fit for you. Secondly, the shape of the two soundbars is different. The Bose Smart Soundbar 700 has a more rounded shape, giving it a softer and more subtle look.
On the other hand, the Bose Smart Soundbar 900 has a rectangular shape, which may appeal to those who appreciate a minimalist and angular design.
Finally, the front speakers of the two soundbars are covered with different materials. The Bose Smart Soundbar 900 has a metal grille covering the speakers, which not only looks sleek but also provides protection for the internal components. In contrast, the Bose Smart Soundbar 700 has a glass grille, which gives it a more elegant and refined appearance.
In summary, while both the Bose Smart Soundbar 700 and Bose Smart Soundbar 900 share a modern design aesthetic, some distinct differences in size, shape, and materials may make one model a better choice for you than the other.
Bose Smart Soundbar 700 and Bose Smart Soundbar 900 are both easy to set up but differ in connectivity controls.
- Bose Smart Soundbar 700
- Connects to TV via ARC connector.
- ADAPTiQ calibration system for room calibration
- “IR” input for infrared emitter.
- “BASS” socket for connecting a wireless subwoofer, and “DATA” socket for firmware updates
- Connects to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Apple AirPlay and Chromecast
- Integrated Alexa and Google Assistant can be controlled using just your voice to pause any ongoing content, switch off lights on the light bar, and disconnect Bluetooth devices. Meanwhile, the virtual assistant will remain active and able to recognize voice commands while on standby mode.
- Bose soundbar 900The Bose smart soundbar 900 has all the features of the Bose 700, including:
- Connects to TV via HDMI cable (sold separately) or optical cable (included in the box)
- HDMI for uncompressed Dolby Atmos playbackBut it’s worth bearing in mind that when using an optical cable, you won’t be able to send a Dolby Atmos signal to the soundbar even if your TV supports it
- Wireless streaming with Spotify Connect
Both the Bose 700 and Bose 900 soundbars are excellent choices when it comes to music playback, with the Bose 700 being especially good at separating the left and right channels. Both soundbars also have a central channel speaker that makes them ideal for watching TV shows and movies, as dialogue comes through loud and clear.
The main difference between the two soundbars is that the Bose Smart Soundbar 900 has better 3D spatial imaging and sound effects, thanks to its support for Dolby Atmos. Both soundbars can get quite loud without losing clarity or distorting the sound, even at 90% volume.
If you’re looking for an immersive movie-watching experience, the Bose Smart Soundbar 900 is the better choice as it supports a 5.1 configuration and Dolby Atmos. However, the bass on both soundbars is lacking and it’s recommended to add a dedicated subwoofer, such as the Bose Bass Module 700, to enhance the overall sound quality.
Bose smart speakers
The Bose Surround Speakers 700 are wireless rear speakers that are intended to be connected to Bose soundbars. With the addition of Bose Surround Sound Speakers, one can relish a cinema-style surround sound experience from the comfort of their dwelling. These rear speaker systems are purpose-built to be used with either the Bose Smart Soundbar 900 or the Bose 700 Soundbar.
These unobtrusive rear speakers (surround speakers) are designed with a height of less than 11 cm, making them perfect for any room in your home. Along with their sleek design, Bose surround speakers provide an amazing sound quality that will truly immerse you in movies and TV shows. You’ll feel like you’re right in the middle of the action!
But why stop there? In addition to the surround speakers, you can add the Boss Bass Module 700 to your soundbar to complete your home theatre experience. This powerful Boss bass module delivers deep, rich sound, and has a wireless range of 9 meters. With its compact size, the Bose Bass Module will fit perfectly into any room in your home.
So, if you’re looking for exceptional sound quality and a cinema-like experience in your own home, look no further than Bose Surround Speakers and Boss Bass Module 700. Get ready to be blown away by the amazing sound quality and spectacular experience!
Compared to the 900 soundbar, the 700 soundbar comes with a more advanced and convenient remote control. However, the remote control for the 900 series is smaller and may seem less valuable. Additionally, it does not offer the same degree of remote control as the 700 model remote.
To take full advantage of all the features and settings of the 900 Series, you must use the Bose Music App on your mobile device, which results in additional steps in the remote control process.
Consequently, you will need to use the Bose Music App, which adds an extra step. Therefore, it can be concluded that the Bose 700 is the winner regarding remote control features.
Bose music app
The Bose Music app helps you control the Bose devices remotely. With the Bose Music app, it’s easy to switch between devices or adjust settings.
Plus, the app automatically updates your devices so you’ll always have the latest features and improvements. The Bose Music App can be accessed by Android and iOS users alike.
Both the Bose 700 and Bose 900 soundbars are easy to set up – just connect a wired cable to the power supply and an HDMI or optical input to your TV and you’re ready to go. Plug in, play, and enjoy! Both soundbars can be placed on a table or mounted on the wall with the wall bracket.
Price and value
Currently, there is a price discrepancy of around $100 between the Bose Smart Soundbar 700 and the Bose Smart Soundbar 900. If you can afford it, we highly suggest selecting the Bose Smart Soundbar 900. Nevertheless, the Bose Smart Soundbar 700 is an excellent substitute if you do not require Dolby Atmos.
After evaluating the characteristics and output of both models, I advise you to buy the Soundbar 900. The 900 is capable of playing Dolby Atmos content, while the 700 can only play Dolby Digital. Despite the higher price, the Dolby Atmos compatibility and higher count of channels result in a more engaging audio experience, making it a worthwhile investment.
Whatever your choice for enhancing your home theatre, both soundbars are distinct, with their unique features and qualities. Ultimately, the decision is yours, but if it were up to me, I would opt for the Bose 900.
Topics & Questions
Here’s a list of the questions and topics that arise most frequently among users when choosing a soundbar.
Is it worth upgrading to Bose soundbar 900?
The Soundbar 900 offers exceptional audio quality, compatibility with Dolby Atmos, integrated voice assistants, and both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. In addition, it provides optional surround speakers and the Boss Bass Module to form a captivating experience when watching movies.
Which soundbar is better than Bose 700?
The Bose 900 outperforms the Bose 700 when considering audio quality. The 5.0.2 capabilities of the Bose 900 provide the best sound quality for listeners. Additionally, the instruments and dialogue in the Bose 900 are accurately represented.
Is it worth buying Bose Soundbar 700?
The Bose Soundbar 700 is a stylish and contemporary option. Measuring 38.5 inches in length, 2.25 inches in height, and 4.25 inches in depth, it comfortably fits onto diverse TV stands or wall mounts. The soundbar’s chic design, including its refined tempered glass top and sleek outline, makes it a sophisticated selection.
Is Bose Soundbar 700 better than 900?
The Bose Soundbar 700 is a contemporary and stylish device that seamlessly integrates into your TV set-up. To further enhance your auditory enjoyment, consider pairing the Bose Bass Module with the Bose Smart Soundbar 700 for enhanced listening compared to using the Soundbar 900 on its own.
What soundbar is better than Bose 700?
The Bose 700 is a popular choice, but for superior acoustic quality, opt for the 900. Nonetheless, various other soundbars deliver excellent audio. It is advisable to explore the market to find the most suitable one for you.
Is Bose soundbar 600 better than 700?
The Bose Smart Soundbar 700 surpasses the 600 with its broader construction and superior build quality. Its output is more powerful, and the stereo soundstage is exceptional. Nevertheless, it lacks support for Dolby Atmos content.
Mia Evelyn is a soundbar specialist and she love to test and review different soundbar brands. She shares her neutral and in-depth reviews through the Soundbar Mag.