We never want to compromise on an all-immersive audio-visual experience. However, that makes having all the essential elements of a good sound system such as a soundbar and a subwoofer. But once you get these products, another challenge that comes up is connecting and setting them up.
On that note, if you’re wondering how to connect sony subwoofers to soundbars, well, we have a solution for you in this article.
How to Connect Sony Subwoofer to Soundbar?
When it comes to sound systems, the products from Sony bear the hallmark of authenticity and reliability. The products are quite well built and resistant to damage making them worth the green bills. The variability in product values also implies variability in available features, and investing in a slightly pricier product will get you better features across the board.
The Sony HT-S200F, for instance, is a budget-friendly 2.0 soundbar setup with a compact design to suit any existing home theater setup. It produces the correct amount of sound at max volume and has a balanced mid-range to produce voice and lead instruments with great clarity. The EQ presets feature is also a very unique feature at a very affordable cost!
However, despite all the available features, a common lack felt through all the Sony soundbars, especially the ones on the more economical end, is a lack of bass and treble variability. But the good news is that you can easily manage and correct this issue using sony subwoofers.
The Sony SA- CS9 Woofer, for instance, typically redefines ideas of value for money and hits it right out of the park with features including thundery lower-end sounds, a tight, dynamic, and overall sensitive sound that makes movies and audiobooks a treat for the auditory!
However, there’s another challenge here, and that’s the setup. While the sony soundbars and subwoofers together produce a great sound for a cinematic experience, connecting them is quite a task.
So, if you’re wondering how to connect sony subwoofer to soundbars, well, this tutorial might come in handy! So, go on, have a read and help yourself!
Connecting Your Sony Subwoofer to Soundbar – Steps
When it comes to sony subwoofers and soundbars, the most common issue customers face is the inability to correctly connect the systems with each other. Well, this guide will solve all the issues.
Here are the steps to effortlessly connect your Sony subwoofers to soundbars:
- Plug in all the connections properly into a functioning circuit. The LED indicator of the subwoofer flashes a solid red color when it has been successfully plugged in.
- Once all the connections are plugged in, the pairing process is automatic and works as soon as you turn on the subwoofer. When the red color turns green on the indicator, it’s properly paired.
In case the pairing fails on the first attempt, try switching off the subwoofer and restarting to initiate the pairing process again.
On repeated failed attempts you can try to manually link the subwoofer and the soundbar. For that you need to follow the below given steps:
- On the remote of the subwoofer hold down the ‘menu’ option.
- The letters ‘towards speaker’ will materialize on the front panel display. You can use the up and down arrow to navigate the speaker option.
- Click on the ‘link’ option from the menu and press enter.
- Next, select the ‘start’ option from the display screen and press enter.
- The word ‘link’ will flash up on the front panel display indicating that you can link your subwoofers. When you see the same, press the ‘link’ button present on the back of the subwoofer to initiate the manual linking process.
- The power linking button will flash green light during the process. Once the process is completed, the screen will display the message “Done.” Hold down the menu button on the remote when you see the message. As soon as you do that, the power indicator will turn a solid green indicating that the connection is established.
If ‘error’ appears on the front panel display, it would indicate that no proper connection has been established.
Generally, any of this method helps, but if none works, here’s what to do!
What to Do If Neither Automatic Nor Manual Pairing Works?
If after trying both the methods you are not able to establish connection between the sony soundbar and subwoofer then it is advisable to contact the customer care. If any form of problem is detected with the soundbar or subwoofer and you are still within the warranty period then you can use that.
Sony has a strong online community and a global chain of showrooms so with the devices of this brand you will never find yourself at a dead end.
So, that’s all about connecting your Sony subwoofers to soundbars. We hope this tutorial was helpful and you’ll not find yourself in any trouble establishing the required connection between both the devices!