Just like the thrilling sounds of the infamous Yamaha bikes once ran on the roads, Yamaha Soundbars are also on par with them. But what if we have our Alexa operating aside from us and just making our task easy to handle the Soundbar. But to avail of this facility, first, we need to connect our Yamaha Soundbar to Alexa.
Before that, you need to have an Alexa app downloaded to your mobile phone alongwith the Yamaha MusicCast app.
This article clarifies the steps to connect a YAMAHA Soundbar to Alexa for ease of our services.
How to Connect Yamaha Soundbar to Alexa?
Lets discuss How to Connect Yamaha Soundbar to Alexa steps in detail.
Step 1: Arrange a good Wi-fi Connection
Just check for a good Internet connection before thinking to set up a connection between your Yamaha device and Alexa.
Step 2: Create a Connect ID on the Yamaha MusicCast app
Some users already have their ID on this app but if you are not among such users make up a Yamaha ID on this app.
Step 3: Move on to the MusicCast application
- Open up the application and press the settings icon on the home page.
- Tap the Amazon Alexa Setup option and then click on Start Setup.
- Log in with your old ID or create a new one.
- Once you sign in click ‘Accept’.
- Then press ‘Start’ and then tap ‘Next’
- Now, click on yes to open the Amazon Alexa Application.
Step 4: Go on with the Setup
- Click on the drop-down menu present in the top left corner.
- Press ‘Skills’ and search for ‘MusicCast’.
- Among the various skills listed enable those skills that you want to be opened up like MusicCast Skill etc.
- Press continue and give the requisite information to sign in.
- Select ‘Accept’ and you are done with the setup of the connection between your Soundbar and Alexa.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Medium Can I Use to connect my Yamaha Soundbar to Alexa?
You can use the Bluetooth option available in the Yamaha Soundbar alongwith the Alexa Application and the Yamaha MusicCast application for setting up a connection between Alexa and Yamaha Soundbar.
If my Yamaha Application is not letting me sign in, what may be the reason?
The most probable reason would be that you may have not created an ID on this application. Moreover, a poor Internet connection can also lead to this problem.
Once you are done with all the above steps you can customize your device by speaking something to it and if Alexa works as per your instructions you are finally successful. Remember to set up every option correctly on the applications, lest you will regret repeating the whole process again.